Welcome to our Nursery
The Nursery is an integral part of the Great Walstead family. This is where the youngest of our children play and learn in a happy and stimulating environment Children join us at the age of two and a half, and stay with us until the September following their fourth birthday, when they move into the Pre Prep. We run a flexible day, with morning, afternoon and whole day sessions, and maintain a ratio of one adult to every seven children.We follow the aims and goals of the Early Years Foundation Stage and provide a relevant, effective and purposeful curriculum for all the children within a safe and secure environment.
Our main aims are:
- To help each child develop to his/her full potential - physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually
- To lay firm foundations in basic skills and understanding for future learning
- To provide care and attention for each child to progress at his/her own pace
- To support and help each child to grow to independence and to develop self-esteem and confidence
- To provide opportunities for creativity, discovery, imagination and enjoyment
- To enable an easy and smooth transition through to the next stage of their school life
Whatever the weather we go out every day into our wonderful grounds and we can use all the facilities of the rest of the school for our gym, country dancing or parachute games. We have lots of cuddles and play as well as working at the building blocks of learning. I want all our children first and foremost to be happy and settled in the Nursery and to enjoy being with us: so that they are ready to move on to the next stage of their school lives.
Head of Early Years